joanne: in my own words

Let me sing a song for you,
Please sit and listen to the tune,
This ain't no song of greatness,
But only a voice of a girl,
Singing about her world.

So let me sing a song for you,
Please please please, do listen to the tune,
All I wish is for you to hear me,
As I sing about my days,
Now sing with me if you may.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

An Insult to the Name of Love

i'm cutting you off.
no. it should be: i had cut you off.
something birthed out of love ended in hatred.

the lies... i had not begin to mention, were devastating.
i shall not have you both take me as a fool, no longer.
i wanted a fresh start, you gave me a fake one.
i wanted happiness, you gave me a make-believe one.

both of you conspired behind my back.
both of you had me believing like an idiot.
do not think i did not know.
i know every single thing now and it's so clear.
the lies, the lies and the lies.

i want revenge to come upon you.
so you both could suffer the same fate.
i want both of you to feel guilty for the rest of your life.
because of your hypocrisy, your lies and your conspiracy.

i've seen, i've read, i've known and now understood.
you are no longer the guy i used to love.
that guy is now lost and dead.
that guy who used to touch my hand and we magically started.
that guy whom we both had encountered and persevered thru lots of hardships together.
that guy who shared his life with me.
that guy who once confided in me.
that guy who once loved me.
that guy is now DEAD.

because of a newly found love or perhaps lust,
you had lost your ever-loving girlfriend,
not only that, you had lost much more than that.

when someday, somewhen down the years,
you would look back - both of you,
and regret that you had taken this path of ruining someone else's life.

both of you, when known to others, would be hated and resented.
for what you both had done was unacceptable.
ruining a relationship for your own good.
and lying to me all this while,
both of you are now after all,
an insult to the name of Love.

2 comments:

madmal said...

patient......... hope u'll be doing just fine...

Joanne Tan said...

thanks, mal for the support. appreciate it very much. i am picking up the pieces of my life, shattered by him... ready to move on now. i believe i am in a better position than he is now.