joanne: in my own words

Let me sing a song for you,
Please sit and listen to the tune,
This ain't no song of greatness,
But only a voice of a girl,
Singing about her world.

So let me sing a song for you,
Please please please, do listen to the tune,
All I wish is for you to hear me,
As I sing about my days,
Now sing with me if you may.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Reason To Exist

Author's note: I was rummaging thru one of those boxes I kept all my life treasures I've been collecting over the years - gifts and cards from loved ones, souvenirs bought from various places, photos of sweet memories and notes from friends etc; and I found this poem which I wrote 4 years ago and was suddenly reminded about the person who had inspired me to compose this piece... sigh... but here I am, re-posting it here.

the world was painted in shades of grey
i wondered how i had made it thru the day
spring turned into summer into autumn into winter
Life, in all of its great self, had proven all things impossible
my time had been spent in sorrows and sighs
life seemed to have just passed me by
and i don't know why
but when i suddenly glanced into your eyes
that's when i realized that i had been actually living a lie.

i searched all of my life for the missing pieces
for the hope, the courage, the purpose to live on
so i guess i was wrong
'cause i did not see that it was YOU all along
and all you wanted was for me to believe
when my hopes and dreams have shattered
you were always there for me
and you've made all things possible
and because of that, you're the only love i need
you were the part of life that i missed
but now you have given me a reason to exist.

i would never want to miss this
in my heart i know what this is
because every time we meet
the puzzle is complete
and every time we touch
the emotions are just too much
just imagine me without you
life would be so hard and i'd be so confused
i can never even last a day
without you there to see me thru
just watching you smile
makes my life worthwhile.

No comments: