joanne: in my own words

Let me sing a song for you,
Please sit and listen to the tune,
This ain't no song of greatness,
But only a voice of a girl,
Singing about her world.

So let me sing a song for you,
Please please please, do listen to the tune,
All I wish is for you to hear me,
As I sing about my days,
Now sing with me if you may.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Song

when the world outside grew dark and silent
people climbed into their cradles and fell into dreamless sleeps
she woke up and found herself at the piano
her fingers hovering over the ice-cold keys
enveloped by the darkness that seeped into the room from the outside
she sat stoned like a statue, looking distantly into the night before her eyes
in her head, a broken tune began forming
her fingers raced along the keys to capture the melody
one by one, the notes made their way onto the piano
telling a story that is both new and old
shutting the world out, she got lost in her own reverie
to a place and a time that were once all too familiar
as the notes were pieced together
she felt the joy, there was nothing else left to fear
fuzzy and warm, light and dear
that was when she realized that love was near

oh why oh why, must you appear at this time?
why do I feel like love is a crime?
what have I done to deserve this?
maybe it's true you have given me a reason to exist

inspired by love, she smiled to the stars above
how kind they were to her, she had never been luckier
on the piano keys, her fingers continued writing The Song
so one day, both him and her could sing along


No comments: