joanne: in my own words

Let me sing a song for you,
Please sit and listen to the tune,
This ain't no song of greatness,
But only a voice of a girl,
Singing about her world.

So let me sing a song for you,
Please please please, do listen to the tune,
All I wish is for you to hear me,
As I sing about my days,
Now sing with me if you may.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wake Me Up

sleeping.

and wanting to wake up.

i am just waiting for the right time to rise;
waiting for that something to shake me from my slumber;
perhaps waiting for a person, not a thing;
and waiting for that right moment to dawn.

it feels like a thousand years of silence,
still and cold and sometimes colder.
it feels like i am walking aimlessly in a dream so long,
so vivid and so real, it scares me to my core.

my eyes are tired;
tired of being shut out from the light.
my limbs are numb,
for they have not moved a muscle since forever.
my lips are dry;
waiting for the key to my awakening,
like the princess in sleeping beauty to hers.

so won't you come and revive me?
give me that key and breathe air into my nostrils.
give me that warmth of life i've been waiting for.
open my eyes and bring light into me.

save me, please, won't you?
whoever you are, save me now, i beg you.
free me please from this prison of sleep,
let me rise from the deep,
free me please from this pain,
i could never be the same again.

wake me, wake me, wake me...

2 comments:

Mahendra said...

sweet...
the expression of a creative thinker..

izYaN said...

I hope somebody will come soon to you.
May all your sober gone...